February 14, 2013

My Love

Embossing Folder: Sizzix, Digital Stamp: Fine Arts by Robert Jackson
Sentiment: Studio G. Finished card size:  5" square.

Hi everyone! Happy Valentine's Day! There's only a little while left before it ends, but I wanted to stop by and share my hubby's V-day card. I've always bought him one, and had plans of purchasing one again this year. I could never really find images and sentiments that would work in putting a card together for him. That is, until I saw Mary Joyce's card over in the SOC gallery! Have you ever seen a card that makes you say, "Wow, I'd really like to make something like that?" Well, all of MJ's cards are like that, but I really loved this image and her colors and design.

After embossing the card front, I sprayed the doily with Silver Sugar Glimmer Mist. The image was a Robert Jackson digital called My Man II. Most of the coloring was done with copics, but the jeans were colored with Spectrum Noir Warm Grays. I had to wing it because I haven't been able to find "true black" copics in any of the local stores. Then she was topped off with a Buttermilk Spica Pen for her jewelry, and a dab of Glossy Accents on her shoes. Here's a little hint to my color inspiration:


It's a picture of hubby and me during our first Valentine's together...It was 2002 (which I hope explains the hair...What can I say? I was going through my Janet Jackson/JLo hair phase, lol). I love this photo, so I tried to match the colors in the image to them! Hubby got a kick out of it once I told him that! But with this card, I think I've started something...I think I'll be making him a card from now on, lol. Once again, special thanks to MJ for the inspiration! So switching gears, did you make your sweetie something special this Valentines?  Well, whether you spent it will your significant other or with friends and family, I hope it was great for you! Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back again soon! Take care,
...And That's All She Wrote!

9 comments:

  1. Very nice card and nice pic thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and picture of you and hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww this is such a sweet card and a sweet photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl, I love the inspiration you got from MJ and the photo you used as your color muse is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us over at Mema's Crafts. I hope you will continue to visit and share with us.

    Hugs
    ~Lesia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, I am so flattered that I could inspire you. Your card is so darn cute and the fact that you designed it to match your first V-day is sweet. Keep sending him those hand made cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg I love how you coloured the image to match your clothes!

    ReplyDelete