January 4, 2012

Happy 2012!!


Happy New Year everyone!! I know this is a little late, as the ball in Times Square has dropped already and the confetti has been tossed and cleaned up--but it's a WHOLE NEW YEAR, Y'ALL!! It's just something about beginning a new chapter and moving forward! I've gone back to work now, as many of you have, so I hope your week, your year, has gotten off to a great start! 

Hopefully, I'll get the chance to catch you up on the holidays soon, but I wanted to tell you about my Happy, Scrappy New Years Day! Yep, I started the year off scrapping with friends at Archivers. Last year, I talked about my crafty tradition with my friend Randi. Well this time I have pics!!

My buddy Randi and me
Rhonda and Cathi mugging for the camera
Jeanne getting her Scrap On! 
Ms. Barbie taking a minute from the action for a pic
We had a blast!! Now to be completely honest with you, I didn't get a lot done...Does this happen to you? More chatting and shopping than scrapping? Yep, that's me, lol  But it's been awhile since I got together with friends for a crop, so I really just enjoyed being in their company. And no, we didn't dance on the scrap tables again this time, lol...Don't count us out though, it'll happen one of these days! 

On to something a little crafty...this year's New Year's Card! 

Dies: Sizzix Embossing Folder, Spellbinders, Stamps: Recollections, Hero Arts,
Bric Brac: Michaels,Happy 2012: Cricut, Don Juan

This card was fun to make! The patterned paper was gift wrap I found on sale after Christmas! I got the idea from a video I saw on YouTube, so when I saw this paper in the rack, I had to snatch it up! (Hey I couldn't beat the other shoppers looking for bargains on Christmas stuff, so I just joined then, lol) Thanks for stopping by to take a peek! Here's to a happy, healthy, scrappy, crafty, fun 2012 for all of you!! 
...And That's All She Wrote!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun way to ring in the New Year! :-) With a fun group like that, I would probably have a hard time getting anything done, too. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to bring in the New Year! I spent the day with my BFF too and we did a little crafting also....well she did I just cooked! But we had a great time I cant wait to do a crop at Archivers in the New Year!....I also need to do a little more posting on my blog I let it get away from me but plan to do better...Cheryl you are my inspiration....you have really done a good job on your blog.....Well happy Crafting and have an Awesome Year!

    ReplyDelete